Thursday, January 1, 2015

Being Thankful - A day at a time!

Life is not always as we want it to be!

There are times when things go our way, which lift up the spirits and emotions. And then there are times when they don't go the way they were planned, which end up holding us back and bringing us down! We cannot control our destiny but can definitely control how we get there. The journey of our life has it's ups and downs but the best way forward that I have realized is to be thankful. Being thankful for what I am today, for all that I have received and for all the opportunity I have been presented!

You see, we don't realize the actual value of our own life and many a times we take it for granted. This thought process for me was not a very beneficial one as it stopped me from experiencing life to the fullest. Living carefully is one thing, but that shouldn't stop you from experiencing life! And the best way to experience life that I have realized is to live it of course.

Now you may well say that we all are living our lives, but are we really living this life? Would you have any regrets of not doing something if you were to die tomorrow? If yes - then what is stopping you from doing it today and why? If you can change your perspective - live like you are dying, then you shall appreciate all that is around you. You will automatically try and soak up all the energy and feelings of even the simplest of things, to enjoy the sensations, the experience, the adventure called life!

Everything in life has a purpose, even the leaves on a tree. They may seem to grow haphazardly, but if you observe closely the leaves grow in such a manner that they all receive the sunlight they require to grow.

Be thankful, uplift your spirits, life is just too short to hold a grudge and be angry

So here I am thanking you all and everyone who has been a part of my life's journey whether in a fleeting visit or being for my guiding star.

Welcoming the New Years with my honest gratitude for the life I have been given!

Cheers.


No comments: